Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Imaginary Laundry

I had a bit of an amusing random experience today, and I thought I'd share it with you all.
I was out and about, when I spotted a young lady passing by a local laundromat.  From what I could see, she had a close resemblance to Sweeney, who is basically one of the rock stars of 20sb.*  This, coupled with her hipster glasses (girls who look good in glasses are kind of my weakness) made me feel all funny inside, and I had an intense desire to talk to her.  But, being who I am, I didn't and instead went straight home, all the while fighting the urge to race back there and attempt a conversation.  I think she saw me briefly, but that's about all I can say for sure.
This decision, while maybe not the best one, was made somewhat logically.  First of all, I noticed she was reading.  I understand the frustration of being interrupted while reading very well, and I would not wish to do that to someone else, so I decided to be considerate.  Also, she was in a laundromat.  Not having laundry to do, I would need some sort of legitimate reason to actually be there in the first place.  Th obvious idea would be to offer help with carrying the laundry, but random offers of help from a stranger aren't always readily accepted.  The only other idea I came up with to counter this problem was so ridiculous it made me laugh out loud.  My silly strategy would be to casually enter the laundromat, and start pantomiming doing some laundry.  (provided she was alone, of course)  The basic goal here would be to make this lady laugh, rather than look at me as though I was insane.  I'll be the first to admit, it's a chancy move, but if it worked, it would be a couple-defining story for certain.
Anyway, my question to you all is, what sort of approach should I take in the unlikely event that I spot this lady again?
*Yeah, I might have a slight crush on Sweeney.  But honestly, who wouldn't?  

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to say what move would work, but I love that you're thinking creatively. You're looking outside the box. I'm somewhat brave when it comes to working with the opposite sex, but I wouldn't have the chutzpah to pantomime doing laundry. It's one of those ideas that is just crazy enough to work. If you get a chance to see her again, and you follow through with that, I think it would be a great moment for you...win, lose, or draw.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete