Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In Search of the Alpha-male

I write this to you from deep within the jungle of my mind.  It's a strange and dangerous place, where few men tread, and many things are best left undisturbed.
My task in this ominous wilderness concerns the local primate community.  There are two of particular importance here:  there is the alpha-male, who I have called Francois, and the beta-male, Jean-Paul.  In a strange reversal of the natural order, Jean-Paul has taken dominance of the jungle, while Francois has seemingly gone into hiding.  This has happened despite Jean-Paul's complete inability to find a mate.  Even more distressing is the fact that other animals have become somewhat inspired by the actions of Jean-Paul and have been imitating his behaviour, sometimes to the point of rejecting their chosen mates.
If these patterns continue, the entire ecosystem will collapse.  In fact, it may already be happening around me.  This is why I am preparing to kill Jean-Paul.  This is not a task I am looking forward to, but in order to save this jungle, it must be done.  Once Jean-Paul is subdued, Francois will then take his rightful place, and order will be restored.  

No comments:

Post a Comment