Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh, those inscrutable women!

After some thought on the subject, I've come to the conclusion that I actually do have a 'type'.  Unfortunately, this type seems to be one of the hardest to get.  Considering past history, I apparently am very attracted to girls who I can only describe as inscrutable.  Essentially, this means that while they are very attractive, they are also quiet types.  If you were at a party, and saw a great looking girl kind of sitting by herself not talking to anyone, but not really looking lonely or sad, that's the type I'm talking about.
In the real world, (which I am working on getting more involved in) this attraction leads to some difficulty.  Since these sort of women are generally knockout gorgeous (at least as far as I'm concerned), this means that I tend to get the irrational idea that they're out of my league for some reason.  I do my best to ignore this impulse, as it can prevent me from getting a girlfriend.  In addition to this, their being quiet types makes conversation difficult.  It's tough enough for me to start a conversation with a girl in the first place, let alone trying to talk to one who generally gives one word responses.
I don't really think there's a cure for my little obsession with these types, but as frustrating as it is, I have to admit, the whole experience is kind of enjoyable, even if it's futile.  I guess it makes for good practice, if nothing else.
If any of you have any experience with these types or know any good ways to get them talking, any advice would be much appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. I used to be the quiet shy girl, I suggest shoving a bunch of alcohol down their throats...maybe not the best idea actually

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhat agree with you - inscrutable women do have a certain appeal to them. My most recent ex, one I dated twice, was somewhat quiet and reserved...it drove me crazy because I wanted to figure her out. But then, after awhile, she did nothing but drive me crazy. Haha.

    In my experience it is best not to stick to a type, but hey what the hell do I know? :D Pursue whoever makes you happy, friend. And when all else fails, as Little Miss Me points out, there is always alcohol. It makes everyone happier.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the alcohol, haha. But I know what you mean because I go for the shy guy in the corner who is probably not going to come talk to me first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy! Be yourself, approachable and... yourself! Done!

    ReplyDelete