Sunday, September 23, 2012

In the absence of any real news...

As the title indicates, not much has been happening in my life lately, thus my lack of posts.  Rest assured, I do have plans for a few future posts concerning the past and all the complicated things of life and love, but I have not figured out how to put those posts into words as yet.  Also, I may have something exciting to tell you all.  (you never know!)

I recently had night out at a local pub, and had a surprising amount of fun; so in the meantime, here is a short list of reasons why (occasional) drinking is kind of cool:

  1. If social interaction isn't your strong suit, alcohol and time will help you out.  It's a whole lot easier to make friends when you're drunk.
  2. In a bar, the regular social rules are a little different.  This means you can basically walk in and sit down anywhere you please and nobody in general will be annoyed with you about it. 
  3. Nobody really minds if you butt in to their conversation, as long as you act positive about whatever's being said.
  4. It doesn't matter what embarrassing things you might say to anyone, because it's usually loud, and people often don't remember what was said the day after anyway.
  5. Since most bars are dimly lit, you don't necessarily have to look your best to go out drinking.
  6. At the height of your own drunken foolishness, you can create memories which will stick around for years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah but if you can remember what happened then it's not a true night out. I never really go out to a pub but I do occasionally stay home and drink with a friend. We can have some weird conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, brother. I put a sentence in my most recent post about the social environment of bars. It's a nice change of pace. I don't go for the alcohol, but I do go for the people. Usually people in a bar are happy, having a good time...and since the social rules are a little different, it's usually a formula for smiles. (Which, in hindsight, is probably the fruitiest sentence I have ever written)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just remembered one more I forgot for the list:
    7. It becomes way easier to get hugs from attractive strangers.

    ReplyDelete