Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reasons To Live

Okay.
Apparently my last idea was so whacked-out/awkward that nobody saw fit to comment, so I went ahead and made an executive decision and chose not to do it after all.  This is probably for the best, all things considered.  The entire scenario would either attract some very strange people, or nobody at all, neither of which would be a desired outcome.
More importantly, I've come to a decision.  Chances are it may not stick for long, but I'm going to try my damnedest to make this work.  I've decided that what many of you have been telling me all along was right, and I am making a commitment here and now to stop all the wallowing in self-pity, thinking about my losses, and general self-indulgent crap that I assume makes you all want to give me a good slap in the head/kick in the ass/harsh talking to.  I will admit, I made this promise once before, and I guess I didn't really follow through on it. This is why I'm counting on all of you to keep me honest about this, and warn me when I start getting all emo again.  Moping is not what this blog is supposed to be about!

Anyway, rant over.
To help me to keep positive, I've decided to make list of ten small, but wonderful things that make my life better, and can help me cope during the rough days of my life as a bachelor.

1.  Old cartoons - I'm talking the cool kind of cartoons that they don't show on TV anymore where cartoon animals fight and smoke cigars, and otherwise behave badly.  It's good stuff.
2.  The Police - Even though I really don't care for Sting at all, there's just something about the music of The Police that you can't get from any other band.  I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but they had it.
3.  Comics - Win or lose, there will always be new comics on Wednesday.
4.  Awesome cover songs - see below

5.  A cold can of Dr. Pepper
6.  Starry nights and the sound of crickets
7.  My Drunk Kitchen
8.  Getting smiles from attractive strangers
9.  20sb - all of you are incredible.
10.  You - After all, without you, I'm just talking to myself, and that would be crazy.  Even if you just stopped in for a short while, I value each and every one of you who has followed me on this crazy journey of mine.  But if I can be particular for a moment, I especially like you, and I hope we will meet some wonderful day in the future.  Just don't keep me waiting too long, okay?     

2 comments:

  1. I'm behind on my blogging so I missed your last entry, would have commented if I read it. I'll go back and look now and offer feedback on whatever the decision is, although your mind must be made up by now.

    And sir, we especially like you as well. I don't think you've ever been mopey in this blog, but if you start to get down I won't hesitate to cyber-slap you. Haha.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime I'm feeling down or having a bad day, I make lists just like this one, full of things I'm grateful for and things that make me happy. I really think it helps me think more positively.

    As for your last post, I thought the idea was pretty funny when I was reading it on your blog. However, as someone who's tried the online dating thing, I can tell you from experience that there are a lot of genuinely whacked-out guys on those sites, and sometimes, humor doesn't translate online, especially in that setting. One thing to consider: the girls looking at your profile know absolutely nothing about you, so your profile is your first impression. It's a tricky situation!

    ReplyDelete