Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Big Weekend - Epilogue

The next day was decidedly low key, but still enjoyable.  We were both feeling mostly well again, which was good.  Rose wanted to get out and do things, considering we'd spent practically the entire last day inside, so we got into her car and she took me to a restaurant/ice-cream place she liked.  We both got ourselves a treat, and then went to a place by the water close by where we sat and ate.  It wasn't quite the beach, but it was nice to be there.
Soon, we returned to my place.  We sat together and had numerous emotional conversations.  I think a big part of this was the intensity of what had come before this.  We got our feelings out and talked through some things that were on our minds, and after a while, we felt better.  It was a little difficult to say goodbye after spending so many hours with Rose, but it eventually had to be done.  I felt bad about keeping her from leaving with my long goodbyes, as it was pouring rain by the time she actually left.  I offered her my shirt to keep her head dry, gentleman that I am, but she politely refused.  I watched her as she left that night, just to be sure she was okay.

A few days later, something happened that would change everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment